I’ve been travelling a lot recently and I’ve found that keeping on top of my belongings keeps me calm and happy, and my holidays always go as planned when I’m organised and have my life together.
List everything. It is so important to know exactly what you need and what you have. Here are some lists that I made for my trip to Dubai. These are the sorts of lists that you need for packing, and if you are like me you’ll bring 2 free carry on bags rather than a big one that costs £100 extra.
So here’s how I do it. My large hand luggage, a small suitcase will do me for a week.
In this larger bag, we’ll have our long-term things, like clothes, shoes, sun cream, gifts etc. This can be put in the overhead locker for no additional price, and you can get it down at any time during the flight to swap belongings.
In this larger suitcase you’ll need the following:
- Clothes for every day (spare underwear and socks) unless you have a washing machine where you’re staying.
- Suncream/protective sun oil, after sun/aloe vera lotion, body exfoliator if you prefer to keep your skin in good condition, a body butter and body sprays (no aerosols).
- A few pairs of (light), compact shoes.
I recommend the following: flip flops/waterproof sandals/sliders, trainers, ballet shoes, etc. Different styles of light shoes.
Disclaimer: everything must be under 100ml and stored in a clear toiletry bag. If you don’t have one the airport will provide one.
The other luggage is a smaller hand bag sort of thing, and this will go under the seat in front of you.
In this bag you will need to store your toiletries, otherwise you’ll have to fumble through your suitcase for them at security.
In this bag you’ll need:Toiletries
For me, my toiletries bag is what keeps me going. It’s so vital to have your go-to face wash with you because spots on holiday are a deal breaker. What I pack has never let me down wherever I’ve been. I pack the following:
- Carmex SPF15 Moisturising Lip Balm
- Cyclax Nutressa Acai Berry Face Moisturiser
- Ted Baker London Body Spray
- Go-to Spot Cream, over the counter (Acnecide 5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
- Hand Sanitiser (Carex Moisture Plus)
- Collection Eyebrow Kit in Blonde
- Falsifeye Falsh Lash Effect Mascara
- Super Facialist Salicylic Acid Anti Blemish Purifying Cleansing Wash
- Toothbrush (With Cover)
- Nivea underarm roll on (Double Effect)
I store all of this in a clear toiletry bag which makes life so much easier. Store this in your handbag, so you don’t have to mess around with your larger luggage!
Categories: Lifestyle & Organisation