Travelling to Dubai

My first day so far has been amazing.


I got off my plane and quickly grabbed my bag which I wheeled behind me as I quickly shuffled through first class. It took me twenty minutes of winding through the confusing maze which was the Dubai airport, and my passport was checked.

Once I got through, I saw my dad waiting and we bought a bottle of water each. As soon as I left the airport, the air hit me. The sweltering thirty-seven-degree heat was cool for Dubai.

Our journey to the apartment was fascinating because we drove through the E11, the main motorway. We passed the Burj Khalifa, we drove to the top of the Palm Jumeirah, and we saw the Atlantis.

As we arrived at the apartment the cold air conditioning hit me and I laid down on the sofa. It was only 10 minutes until we went out to see Dubai, because I had to publish my first blog post.

First, we went to the Atlantis hotel to explore the architecture and took some photos by the sea which was out of bounds. It was scorching and I was absolutely exhausted. We then decided to drive to Dubai Mall, I’ll insert a photo here off google. Related imageDubai mall has it all, every shop you can imagine from Sephora to a children’s exclusive Gucci store, its total area is 1,124,000 square feet… Impressive. Also, Dubai mall has the world’s largest acrylic tank aquarium which sold 51,000 tickets in its first 5 days. Seeing this for yourself is amazing, apart from the occasional cannibalistic sharks. Being 2018, this is the tenth year Dubai mall, owned by Emaar properties, has been in business. The mall has over four floors and 1,200+ boutiques and restaurants, and includes delicious gelato restaurants and sweet confectionaries.

Dad and I dined in the gelato cafe, and I realised I was toojet lagged to function. I got home at a mere 1pm and went straight to sleep. I woke up at seven for dinner which was Chilli’s, and went back to sleep. It’s currently 6am, I woke up at 1am because my sleep pattern is corrupt. Anyway, thanks for reading.

I’ll be updating tonight about my second day here with photos.


Categories: Travelling

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.